Wednesday 13 November 2013

Old Japanese Postman Bicycle

This is my new found hobby.( mind my English)...
Collecting old bikes , porcelain or china.
Sometimes I would like to sell it or share it with you.
When I was young I had started collecting old coins but now I lost interest with it because of ...you know I cannot gain anything from it and furthermore its cost me alot.
Ok...
I would like to share with you here some of my collections...oops..They are on my hand phones.....Ok I'll put up the pictures of them later..
My staff show me some of his bikes collection and it makes me wonder..why not I joined him collecting old bikes too...Then so and so I end up with buying an old postmen bike imported from japan.Its look cool.All amber red. Stainless steel handle bar and brakes.It got unique big bell too.

                                                    Old and antique Japanese postman's bicycle
                                                  Old and antique Japanese postman's bicycle bell
                                         Old and antique Japanese postman's bicycle leather saddle

                                                 Stainless Steel Japanese Postmen bicycle handle bar.

Later yesterday I bought one old Hercule's ladies bike..It got rust here and there.
The bike still can be use....It got new tires but both rims seems got rust everywhere.
It got small bell and stainless steel front lamp.The dynamo still working and the mudguard needs a little cleaning job.The chains and gears seem ok so the pedals Both hand brakes needs repair and The seat..the leather seat a bit worn out...so it need to be replace.

You know...most of old bicycle's are imported from England.
There are Raleigh,hercules,robin hood, seven up,humber  Hudson and so on...
They made up of good steel and iron and can last very long.
Most of the brands you can find now but as we know new bicycle could not last long.After few years of usage they tend to break up  and needs repair jobs

3 comments:

  1. I bought this Miyata postmans bike the other day because it reminded me of the new Raleigh postman bikes I used to assemble as a kid. Now I can't find out much of anything about it. Anyone else know anything??? I will try to figure out how to upload a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete